Check Out Our Open Positions
Apply Through the Contact Form Below
Machine Learning Engineer
The job entails working with a dedicated, highly educated team of engineers to develop and implement machine learning algorithms and robust reactive robot control systems. Among other tasks, the engineer will design and use analog and digital data acquisition and analysis systems on embedded platforms. The individual will work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a team of creative, high-performance engineers.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in algorithm implementation using C/C++, or C# (.NET framework), CUDA and Matlab.
- S/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Applied Mathematics.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in supervised and unsupervised learning methods such as SVMs, Neural Nets, Bayes nets and clustering techniques.
- Familiarity with reinforcement learning methods.
- Experience in sensor fusion techniques for pattern recognition.
- Expertise in time series analysis of high dimensional data and familiarity with dimensionality reduction techniques.
- Experience in Machine Learning libraries such as WEKA, torch, etc.
- Knowledge of communication protocols such as USB, serial, I2C, for communications between embedded systems and PCs.
- Experience in programming embedded systems
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
An Application Engineer will assist in developing and installing state of the art 3D sensing and robotics systems at customer sites in both manufacturing and logistics.
In the lab, the engineer will work directly with lead scientists and project management from the inception of job through delivery. Tasks will involve programming industrial robots, creating CAD layouts of work cell, ordering equipment, setting up and testing systems before deployment in the field.
On location, tasks include: mounting sensors, integrating them to onsite computers, running vision software, configuring the system, system optimization, adjusting sensors and software hardware interface parameters, debugging robot programs to test 3D vision guidance, and troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, controls, and software systems. Full mechanical and electrical system integration and testing is the expected of all application engineers.
The Application Engineer is the lead on a job site and is also the direct interface to the customer. After fully commissioning the system(s) the application engineer ensures the customers are trained to operate the 3D vision system(s).
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (e.g. mechanical, electrical) with 2 years of experience in an automated controls or technical environment, or 4 years of experience in controls, electrical or electromechanical equipment, with knowledge of engineering principles.
- Proficient with PLC (Siemens, Omron, Allen Bradley) programming and troubleshooting
- Ability to program industrial robots from manufacturers such as ABB, Motoman, KUKA or FANUC
- Ability to use CAD rendering tools such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, DraftSight, or Autodesk Inventor
- High mechanical aptitude with an ability to integrate systems at the customer sites
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to perform a wide variety of duties, often changing priorities without loss of efficiency or composure
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills to drive to root cause, and able to implement effective and cost-efficient solutions
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Flexible work and travel schedule, ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, able to travel to customer sites on short notice
- Familiar with robot vision systems
- Familiar with industrial automation and/or robots, robot controllers and peripheral equipment
- Able to perform on-site, and remote troubleshooting and support of the vision system, proprietary software and equipment
- Excellent ability to read, write and speak English, as well as communicate effectively with a wide range of customer personnel
- Willing to work as part of a team of solution-oriented professionals
- Able to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Able to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic prints and related technical documentation
- Proficient generating reports with Microsoft Office products
- Experience with at least one programming language such as C, C++, C#, .NET, Visual Basic, MATLAB
- Able to perform frequent lifting up to 50 pounds, use common tools and other manual work
- Able to pass a drug test and a background check
Computer Vision Engineer
The engineer will develop and implement state-of-the-art 3D vision-based industrial applications (e.g., 3D part inspection, 3D robotic vision guidance, etc.). Among other tasks, the engineer will develop test methodologies for ensuring robustness of developed algorithms in the context of the customer’s requirements, and select, evaluate, and adopt of 2D/3D sensing devices based on the target applications. The individual will work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a team of creative, high-performance engineers.
- M.S/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other relevant majors.
- Familiarity with most common programming tools such as; C, C++, C#, .NET framework, OpenCV, PCL, OpenCL/CUDA, MATLAB.
- Understanding of and experience with any of the following topics but not limited to: 3D object recognition, 3D reconstruction, real-time machine vision and its application for robot guidance, pattern recognition, sensor alignment, and calibration.
- Strong analytical skills with solid mathematical foundation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
This is an entry level position. The engineer will train with the sales team in all aspects of selling from lead generation, sales calls, bidding through close. It offers strong fast career development. This is a rare opportunity to join a Silicon Valley type engineering company in central Tennessee.
- S.in engineering or a related field.
- Sales experience preferred but not required.
- Inquisitive, intelligent, creative, dynamic, extroverted, have a love for learning new things
- Remain cool under pressure, and be a fearless self-starter who can solve problems quickly
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both in verbal and written English, well developed computer skills, and a sense of humor.
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches.
- Comfortable cold calling on the phone or via email.
- Able to explain very technical topics in a simple manner both to both business and technical leaders.
Review, analyze, develop and implement robotics systems for robotic processes and procedures in enhancing robot control systems, including determine the best engineering methods to be used for a specific task operated by the robot by deciding the proper clustering method and intelligence training information to be used by the robot. Design and test the electronic robotics components, for use in an industrial capacity. Review, analyze, and test the data, pre-processing the data and dimensioning and determine and deploy proper use case library in the production processes and procedures in the production of electronics components for robots, including run machine learning experiments using a programming language with machine learning libraries. Develop engineering schematics for components. Examine movement simulation data for electronics enhancements, and develop and implement improvements and changes to achieve programing of the desired movements by robots. Optimize solutions for electronic component’s performance and scalability by performing data engineering, such as ensuring a good data flow between database and backend systems, and implement custom machine learning code, including performing data science tasks, such as analyzing data and establishing use cases. Evaluate electronic component’s technical accuracy..
Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field, plus one (1) year post-baccalaureate experience as Roboticist or Graduate Research/Teaching Assistant role. Experience must include development and production of design specifications and concept designs using Sheet Metal, Weldments and Surfacing, managing and maintaining production line of 3D printers and slicing for 3D printing prototypes, ROS, Python, Solidworks, Matlab, Robot Manipulation and Kinematic Systems.
Engineering Project Manager
Universal Robotics is a Nashville based software engineering company selling cutting edge, state-of-the-art machine learning tools for a host of robotic applications. We are looking for a Project Manager to join the company. This customer facing job entails managing customer projects, working with Universal operation management to execute. In this role you will be responsible for managing projects from
conception (working with sales as they generate quotes) to completion, while maintaining budget, schedule and resource allocation as defined. Tasks involve: working with engineering operation management to allocate resources for customer projects, managing costs to ensure projects are delivered below budget, creating and maintaining schedule to ensure projects are delivered on time, managing client/supplier relations, organizing meetings with engineering to assess project status and define action items for moving forwards, generating weekly customer project status reports for the executive office, and generating official company documents throughout the project lifecycle.
– Bachelor of Science degree in engineering (e.g. mechanical, electrical) or technical area, or 4 years of experience with industrial or materials handling project management.
– Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
– Experience managing and budgeting large cash flows
– Superb organizational skills
– Skill dealing with customer executives and engineering staffs
– Microsoft Office proficiency
– CAD experience a plus
Universal Robotics, a software engineering company, helps companies increase the flexibility of automation, and improve quality and efficiency through multi-dimensional sensing, motion control, and artificial intelligence. The company offers an unparalleled software platform for intelligent flexible automation, providing a wide range of solutions for materials handling, logistics and industrial markets.
Commensurate with Experience
Health, Dental, Eye Insurance
10% of the time
Upload Your Resume Below
Call Us First
We are robot, AI, and vision experts. We have the holistic view and experience to help you avoid pitfalls when you start a project. Call us.